Monuments

Airman's Cross
At Rollestone, between Shrewton and Stonehenge, a small attractive memorial to a pilot who crashed his plane with fatal consequences during the First World War.


Anzac Badge
A rising sun emblem carved by Australian soldiers during the First World War, east of Malmpit Hill, Codford, visible from the A36 road.


Anzac War Graves
The churchyard at St John's, Sutton Veny, and the military cemetery at Codford St Mary, both feature the graves of Australian, New Zealand and Canadian troops who were in camp here during the First World War. Anzac graves can also be seen at Baverstock.


Beyond Harvest
A statue in bronze, portraying a girl sitting on corn sacks, gazing towards Copheap. Situated in the Cornmarket Mall, Warminster, Beyond Harvest commemorates Warminster's former glory as a great corn trading centre. The work of the world- renowned sculptor Colin Lambert.


Bradley Fountain
An ornamental drinking trough for horses, presented to Maiden Bradley by Algernon, 14th Duke of Somerset, in 1891.


Morgan Memorial Fountain
Moved to the Lake Pleasure Grounds in 1937, this fountain made of Aberdeen granite, formerly stood in the Market Place. Erected by local brewer and maltster William Frank Morgan in 1892, in memory of his late wife Catherine. Now out of use.


The Obelisk
Tall triangular monument at the junction of Silver Street, Vicarage Street and Church Street, Warminster, erected in 1783 to commemorate the inclosure of the parish. Topped with an ornamental pineapple, and complete with horse and cattle troughs around the base. Discover for yourself the delightful lion's head fountain (now out of use) which is also featured.


The Robber Stone
Adjacent the A360, between Tilshead and West Lavington, this memorial records the attack by four highwaymen on Mr Dean, an Imber farmer, on 21st October 1839.


Victorian Plaque
This plaque, on the exterior wall of 2 Sambourne Road, Warminster, commemorates the reign of Queen Victoria and the glory of the British Empire.


Wren Monument
Simple stone monument at East Knoyle, marking the birthplace in 1632 of Sir Christopher Wren, son of the village rector, who found fame as the architect of St Paul's Cathedral and many other buildings.